Tuesday, 1 March 2011

Blowing a Budget.


The church collects food items for the neighbourhood each week, listing wanted items in the bulletin. Enfamil A+ formula has been on my mind all week and I was sure it was just a small item to add to my cost. I found the big can first and somehow looking for a smaller can never crossed my mind, because my first thought was: ”$30!, no way, I can’t buy that. We are on a strict budget and that ... is too much!" I put it back on the shelf. Reflection on the issue reminded me that I had remembered the item, despite forgetting my grocery list. I guess that would be the Spirit again. I put the big can in the cart. I had a few thoughts about my husband, and would he understand, but that was the enemy. His smile when I told him about my dilemma was sweet and accepting. Thank you Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment