Monday, 28 February 2011

Dependent on Inspiration.

My son Ashti is a passionate fighter, not unlike the Kurdish people we lived among and from whence his name came. When he senses the tiniest bit of injustice done to him, he blows up in a rage. Someday he will have enough self-control that this character trait will give him strength to fight things worth fighting. Last night, however, the explosion was over my refusal to let him take a Playmobil catalogue to peruse before bedtime. I felt my reason was sound: I prefer to focus on eternal things at bedtime, not material things. He exploded. It landed him on the couch it was such a blast. This meant I had the time to reflect before I responded, which is less common than I would like to have it. The Spirit’s answer was in my head immediately, a simple question is all it was (He won’t give me permission to share it). It was an amazing response! He picked himself off the couch, stopped yelling, answered the question, and then quietly expressed his complete disapproval of my answer.... but received the same answer. I was proud of him, and I am thankful for inspiration. The same question worked quite well again this morning, but experience leads me to expect that I will again be asking for ‘new’ inspiration soon. Father likes me dependent.

No comments:

Post a Comment