I have entered into a time of meditation and intercession that is substantially more than I am used to. The reason is simple; I need his viewpoint and direction more than ever. I am leading a class for teenagers and attempting to create a space where we experience the Holy Spirit together. How does one do that? All I can come up with is to spend time with Him myself, in worship and meditation, listening as well as I am able. Then I note it down and try to make it happen. This is a delicate place and a learning place. One morning, a few weeks ago, I felt strongly urged to create a blog about my personal attempts to follow the Holy Spirit. I put it off. As a lifetime journaler, I have thought about blogging before because I enjoy the process of writing, of refining my thoughts, ideas and emotions and making them more clear to myself. Ultimately, I always chose not to blog because the time required to process those thoughts for others would make me less available to my family. Why would Father ask me to do this? I remain ignorant of the answer yet. I can imagine it being an awareness experience for me, for further growth in this area. It could be for the teenagers, so that they might have some concrete examples of what following looks like. It could also be for someone or some people I am not aware of. I may never know, but I am being obedient once more. I hope my words bless someone, somehow, somewhere.
No comments:
Post a Comment